Our next event will be held in the fall.
Please join us for this wonderful food & fellowship!
3-on-3 Basketball Tournament
The Church of the Open Bible is hosting its seventh annual three-on-three evangelistic basketball tournament this summer on July 20th!
Registration begins at 9:30 a.m. and games begin promptly at 10. The tournament will probably go until about 2:00 p.m. Each team is guaranteed at least two games. We will have an evangelistic speaker for 10 or 15 minutes after about 1 hour of play. Everyone is encouraged to stay to listen!
If you are interested in signing up, please register here or contact Heath Marvin at
Who can play
This is a guys' tournament for anyone 16 years or older. Anyone under the age of 18 must have a waiver signed by a parent or guardian. All others can sign their own waiver form.
Everyone is invited to watch!
Each player will pay $10 when his team registers. This covers the t-shirt and organizational costs.
Drinks will be available.
Rules of Play
- Each team must have between 3 and 5 players on their roster. Only players on the roster are permitted to play.
- Substitution is unlimited, but permitted only when the ball is not in play.
- To begin the game, a 3-point shot will determine the right to possession.
- The ball will change possession after all made baskets, no "make it, take it."
- The ball will be "cleared" on EVERY change of possession. Failure to clear it will result in the loss of possession and the loss of any points resulting from that possession. Cleared means both feet and the ball behind the 3 point line.
- The ball must be checked by an opposing player before it is put into play. The ball must be passed to a teammate to begin to play.
- All games will be to 15, win by two points (straight to 20), scoring is by 1's and 2's.
- Each team is allowed one 45-second time-out.
- Players call their own fouls, which results in a possession of the ball.
- The championship game and any games that get out of hand will be reffed by referees.
- The sides and bottom of the backboard are inbounds. The top is out of bounds.
- Boundaries are the sidelines, end line, and the half court line.
Fishers of Men Supper Meeting
Fishers of Men is a ministry presenting a unique opportunity for the personal and collective efforts of saved men to bring unsaved business associates, workday partners, and neighbors to a supper meeting during which the undiluted Gospel of the grace of God will be presented.
The program usually includes a speaker. This speaker, usually a layman, is invited because of the uniqueness of his work or because of the distinctiveness of his salvation experience. At the close of his talk he emphasizes the subject of God's plan of redemption and makes the way of salvation through the sacrificial blood of Christ very plain.
The supper meeting allows our saved men to do the personal work of inviting their unsaved friends and associates to the evening's program and then follow up by using the spoken message heard to deal with that friend personally and impress him with the need to yield in faith to Christ.